One final drizzle of extra virgin olive oil...and it's done.
Recreating simple, rustic and traditional pasta dishes is easy...with Filippo Berio in the kitchen.
There's just noting quite like using the very best ingredients to make even the simplest recipes burst with rich flavors, and for the classic Pasta Arrabiata, you'll need authentic, all-natural, and real flavors from Filippo Berio's line of premium olive oils (for more on Filippo Berio, see my previous post and recipe at In the Kitchen with Filippo Berio: Pasta Aglio, Oglio & Peperoncini).
Time to round up the ingredients, with penne, garlic, diced tomatoes, onions and Filippo Berio Olive Oil and Extra Virgin Olive Oil. With Filippo Berio, making any dish is no problem at all, from savory recipes to simple pasta, salad, and even sandwiches and desserts. But for the rustic Pasta Arrabiata, using the right olive oil is crucial in ensuring authentic flavors. In fact, it's the flavor base of the dish.
And in no time, your dish is ready to serve (see recipe below). Fast, quick, and easy, with all the rich flavors you love, in one dish made even better with Filippo Berio.
The soft yet firm penne pasta is elegantly coated with the bold flavors of Filippo Berio Olive Oil and ExtraVirgin Olive Oil, adding depth to the dish punctuated by the tart notes of the diced tomatoes and nutty hints of garlic.
Ready to embark on a culinary adventure in the comfort of your home kitchen? Take Filippo Berio along for the ride, and discover its signature richness in flavor loved all over the world.
(from Filippo Berio)
(from Filippo Berio)
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berrio Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 3 tbsp Filippo Berio Hot Chili Pesto
- 1 400g Can Chopped Tomatoes
- 400g Penne Pasta
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- In a large deep-sided frying pan, add the olive oil, onion, and garlic. Cook for ten minutes over low heat. Add the Filippo Berio Hot Chili Pesto and chopped tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes until sauce has thickened.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water for ten minutes or according to packet instructions.
- Drain the pasta, leaving a little water and tip the pasta into the sauce. Add a little of the pasta water and stir for one minute until the sauce is well combined.
- Serve with a drizzle of Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil and grated Parmesan cheese.
For more on Filippo Berio and their range of premium products and recipes, visit http://global.filippoberio.com/.
Dude for Food is now on Facebook and Instagram, check out the FB Page and IG Feed for regular updates on good eats. Better yet, click "Like" and "Follow" and enjoy the ride...just look for the FB and IG widgets on the right sidebar.