For four weekends in July, Vikings SM Megamall includes a special 4th of July inspired menu to its extensive buffet selection. The themed dishes will feature iconic favorites from the different states of America, allowing one to enjoy a variety and range of American classics.
The rich and diverse culinary styles and flavors of America will be featured at Vikings starting this weekend, and the succeeding weekends for the month of July. The American Independence Day themed dishes will supplement the weekend buffet selection at Vikings, giving diners an even wider range of choices.
Corporate Executive Chef Ross Peciller along with seasoned Sous Chefs Bon Ragudos and Kristian Sijeva (L), prepare the day's feast. And like clockwork, all the stations are prepped and ready for the lunch service. Here's a sneak peek at the 4th of July themed American dishes at Vikings...
Our American experience at Vikings begins with a bowl of Boston-style Clam Chowder Soup, a rich, creamy and comforting soup. The iconic cream based broth from the American east coast is loaded with clams, bacon, and vegetables. A true American classic in a bowl.
Next, we sample a variety of American cold appetizers including (from lower right) Pinwheel Alaskan Homemade Smoked Salmon with Cream Cheese Filling, Guacamole Salad on a crisp tortilla, Portland Mini-Fish Cake with creamy garlic aioli on Orlando Red Cabbage Coleslaw, and Penne Salad with Beetroot Sour Cream Dressing. The diversity of distinctly American flavors are elegantly presented in bite-sized sampler portions, each representing the culinary style of America's regional flavors.
Sampling portions of the mains for the themed 4th of July menu were also served, including (from lower left) Hawaiian Chicken BBQ, New Orleans Seafood Gumbo, and tender Beef Brisket with Roasted Bell Pepper. The spicy Gumbo, with fresh seafood in a rich and flavorful broth, creatively served on a shell, adds a cool touch. I enjoyed the presentation of the themed dishes, with so many flavors in one platter.
And the American flavors continue with dessert. Vikings' 4th of July Dessert Trio, with sampling portions of Key West Key Lime Pie, New York Cheesecake, and Pennsylvania Apple Pie. The sweet and tart notes of the Key Lime Pie, the richness of the NY style cheesecake, and the familiar and comforting flavors of the homestyle apple pie cap the American feast at Vikings. All these and more will be available on all weekends for the month of July.
After the American feast, I head on down the Carving Station at Vikings. The day's line-up featured a tender and juicy Deep-Fried Cajun Turkey...
...a tender Angus Chuck Eye Roll...
...a savory Garlic Rosemary Leg of Lamb...
...and the popular Vikings' Boneless Lechon, always a favorite. You just never run-out of options at Vikings.
Walking past the Chinese Station, I knew I just couldn't resist this. Freshly steamed succulent shrimps. And that's pretty much the way it is at Vikings, there's just an unbelievable range of dishes to satisfy any sudden craving...
...like the fresh dimsum...
...and the fresh sashimi and sushi. A wide variety of sushi, a standard feature in the all-you-can-eat buffet of Vikings, is always a must-try. And there's more...Vikings also has its on-going Birthday Feast Promotion allowing celebrants a cool month-long celebration at Vikings, here's how:
1. Birthday celebrant of all ages can avail of the Birthday Promo in the day itself and on their Birthday Month.
2. Celebrants can eat for free ON THE DAY of their birthday for both lunch and dinner, as long as he or she is accompanied by ONE FULL PAYING ADULT.
3. Celebrants can eat for free for ONE MONTH for both lunch and dinner per day, as long as it is within the month of his/her birthday and accompanied by FOUR FULL PAYING ADULTS.
4. One Full Paying Adult are adult guests who will be paying full rate without any discounts.
5. Requirements for Birthday Celebrants: Celebrants must bring an Original and Valid Government issued picture ID with the birthdate imprinted on it, both local and foreign IDs are accepted for proof (such as SSS, NBI, Driver's License, Pag-Ibig, PRC, Barangay, Unified, Police Clearance ID, and Passport). In case the Celebrant does not have a Government issued picture ID, he/she may bring his/her birth certificate supported by any picture ID (school ID, parents ID, company ID).
6. The Birthday Feast Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with the current promotions of Vikings ir discounts.
7. Gift Certificates to avail this promo will not be honored.
8. This promo is available across all branches.
9. This promo is available until December 31, 2014.
*Price and promotions are subject to change without prior notice.
There's no better way to celebrate the American 4th of July experience than with classic American flavors in an eat-all-you-can buffet at Vikings, so mark the weekends on your calendar. The variety of dishes, excellent service and value for money, still one of the best deals in the metro.
Vikings Luxury Buffet Restaurant is located at 4th Floor, Mega Fashion Hall, Building D. SM Megamall, Julia Vargas corner EDSA, Mandaluyong City or call 656-3888, 656-4888, and 656-5888 for inquiries. For information on rates and promos, visit http://vikings.ph/.
Dude for Food is now on Facebook, check out the FB Page for regular updates on good eats. Better yet, click "Like" and enjoy the ride...just look for the FB "Like" widget on the right sidebar.