Monday, February 20, 2012

Side Views: Searching for a Lighthouse on the Oregon Coast

I had to find a lighthouse. After a long drive to Tillamook from a road trip two years ago, and an unforgettable Mudslide double scoop at the Tillamook Cheese Factory, I quickly asked directions for the nearest lighthouse, and controlling my urge for another double scoop. Light was fading fast, and finally I found it...the Cape Meares Lighthouse.  Awesome way to cap an awesome road trip.






Check out some good eats during this road trip at my previous post, just click the link http://dude4food.blogspot.com/2011/03/thousand-miles.html

Dude for Food is now on facebook, check out the FB Page for regular updates on good eats and amazing places. Better yet, click "Like" and enjoy the ride...just look for the FB "Like" widget on the right sidebar.

2 comments:

  1. Really beautiful photos. I lived in Oregon about 20 years ago for a few years and I fell in love with the Oregon Coastline. I think it's so much prettier and more dramatic than any sandy beaches I have seen. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ramona, I agree, I just wish I could've spent a few more days on the coast...

      Delete

Got something to share? I'd love to hear from you...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...