Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mom's Day at Italianni's

For the past several years, I always treat my mom to lunch one day before Mother's Day, not only to avoid the crowds, but to let her know she comes way ahead of the rest...and her choice this year is pasta at Italianni's. Good choice. And here's what we had during her day at Italianni's...


Mussels Lombardi (P 450), imported mussels sauteed in white wine, garlic, olive oil and herbs.The mussels were fat and juicy, nicely seasoned and full of flavor. Squeeze some lemon and enjoy. And don't let that garlicky broth go to waste, dip some bread and experience a burst of briny and garlicky flavor that's just way too awesome.




Spinach and Artichoke Formaggio (P 250 for Piccolo size), fresh spinach, artichoke and mushrooms in a creamy blend of cheeses, served with crisp garlic bread. The garlic bread is served hot and crisp, a nice counterpoint to the rich, creamy cheese.


Seafood Cioppino (P 395 for Lunch size), my mom' choice, an amazing pasta dish loaded with mussels, calamari, shrimps, and clams with basil pesto red wine sauce.


I've always associated pasta with good times, with family. The servings are great for family style sharing, but my mom was in no mood to share this one. So all I can say is it must be pretty good...


Spaghetti and Meatballs (P 495 for Regular size), homemade meatballs served with Italliani's trademark marinara sauce. You can't just have one meatball, go for the regular dish with two meatballs.


Homey, hearty and comforting, nothing like the traditional meatballs with spaghetti, and I think Italliani's has one the best meatballs. The tart and rich marinara nicely complements the meatballs, it's like tasting the warm Italian sunshine with the sun ripened tomatoes and herbs.


I think we were probably Italians in a previous life, it just tasted like home. In fact, this whole place felt like home.


The place is cozy, and my mom likes the washroom, her gauge of a good resto. It's a kind of place that's just  perfect for family gatherings, making my mom's day at Italianni's really special. Sure it's a chain, but the food is topnotch, and service is great.

Italianni's is located at 105 Connecticut Carpark, Greenhills Shopping Center, San Juan or call 723-2998 for inquiries and info on other branch locations. 

Dude for Food is now on Facebook, check out the FB page for regular updates on good eats. Better yet, click "Like" and enjoy the ride...just look for the FB "Like" widget on the right sidebar.

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. hey pinkc00kies, love Italianni's too! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Awe!!!!! Love, love, love Italian food. I may not be Italian, but I know that in another life I was Italian. hahahahaha... Anyway, I have an Italian appetite and I love the food. Yummy! When I crave for something Italian, we love to go to Olive Garden (since that's the closest thing to being in Italy). Great treat for mama! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Adin B, nothing like Italian food and good times! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Lucky both of you, amazing Italian meal, and that's coming from a half Italian! A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Anthony, thanks! Good food, good times! Great to hear from you Anthony!

      Delete
  4. Mmmmm... I would really love a big bowl of spaghetti... looks amazing. I like your idea on celebrating Mother's Day the day ahead. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ramona, a big bowl of spaghetti is just so comforting and homey, good times! Great to hear from you Ramona!

      Delete
  5. That's really sweet! :) Can't help but stare at that plate of Seafood Cioppino. It looks super yummy!

    Anyway, I had class yesterday so I just gifted my mom some chocolates and flowers. Hopefully we'd be able to celebrate post-Mother's Day tonight.. ^^ Better late than never.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sumi, thanks! Hope you have a great post Mother's Day celebration!

      Delete
  6. Hi, Got to like a guy that treats his Mom with respect. I like the way your Mom decides if the restaurant is a good one, LOL. Sounds like something my wife would say. I love cooking, but my specialties are grilling, smoking, and barbecue. I also enjoy dutch oven cooking and I love baking bread and making pizza. It's a guy thing. I'm your newest follower.
    Please accept my invitation to visit and hopefully to follow my blog, too. Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steve, thanks! And thanks for visiting and following my blog, heading over to your blog now...

      Delete
  7. Wow, those mussels are so inviting! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marina, thanks! The broth is awesome too! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. What a great meal! Sounds like you had yet another fantastic and memorable celebration with Mum. Everything sounds top notch here, especially the mussels. Love a good Italian restaurant. Cozy and homey restaurants make my heart sing. And I LOVE your tradition to eat a day ahead because you put your Mum first and above everyone else. So sweet... Have a good one buddy

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey Winston, good food, good times! Thanks buddy!

    ReplyDelete

Got something to share? I'd love to hear from you...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...